Over another Hump

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Third World Conditions in a Modern Country.

I usually like to post something positive about where I live. The place is usually a lovely place to live, especially if you enjoy peace and wild life. This is not a positive post and the problem will not vanish.
Some of you have read my letter to the council regarding our water problems (see December 4th entry). I have had a response from the Shire saying they will discuss the problem further in February's meeting. The problems began in mid 2005. The main pump has been out of commission since September and (according to a recent telephone conversation with the water department) the council has no idea when the pump will be fixed. The following is an update.
I now go to hang out my washing. Mud and all.

3 Comments:

  • I just cannot imagine how that council can get away with this! Do they want to make everyone who lives there go somewhere else?
    Is there some policy afoot to do away with communities that are isolated or below a (secret)certain number of inhabitants?

    By Blogger Sandy, at 5:59 PM  

  • YES! that seems to be what they want. Then they can lease the land to graziers. Forget about other developments or alternative life styles.Frances

    By Blogger Frances Mackay, at 12:54 AM  

  • This is just horrible! Its like they could care less about humans and clean water period..how sad, I am so sorry..keep us posted please!

    With Angel Blessings,
    Rhi

    By Blogger Rhiannon, at 3:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home