Over another Hump

Monday, December 26, 2005

Times They are a-Changing


My beautiful grandchildren celebrating a birthday. Hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable Christmas. Frances.

Times keep a-Changing.

Special days in childhood
took forever to arrive.
Birthdays, holidays and Christmas,
their countdowns multiplied.

Our mother kept us busy
with a trillion things to do,
sluggish days were ticked away
before we our nightly prayers.

Years on time's become distorted,
the clock's accellerated pace,
new resolutions are due again
with last year's incomplete.

No time for all I had proposed -
who knows where it's gone.
How come, now I control my life,
so much is left undone?

5 Comments:

  • Hi, I'm Kathy with the marching band. Just checkin in with you to wish you a happy new year! Your grandchildren are beautiful!

    By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 11:18 AM  

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Blogger Lazy Daisy, at 11:18 AM  

  • Hi Frances, I'm mompoet from the FFMB. I appreciate reading about your southern hemisphere Christmas experience. Your description is beautiful. The photo of your grandchildren is also beautiful. Happy New Year
    mp

    By Blogger mompoet, at 9:02 AM  

  • Those last two lines...

    Yes, the FFMB are back for their year end celebration and vote-a-thon.

    By Blogger Carol, at 8:39 PM  

  • im a bassoonist - or so says carol, my bandleader. Im not a poet, nor a big writer, but I am so glad that you liked what I wrote.

    very nice job on this item - my heart sings along!

    By Blogger David Edward, at 9:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home