Over another Hump

Friday, September 11, 2009

Moving on.


I can't believe that it is so long since I visited this site. Katie is still missed, she was such a part of our live, but when we went to collect her cage from the vet there were 3 little kittens looking for a home. We took them all. Our son took one and we kept the others.

Sadly Ken's kitten was poisoned, along with his other cats, but ours continue to thrive and give both our dogs, and us, continual joy. The incident below happened at the beginning of the week.




Under the Fiddlewood Tree. (c) F. Mackay 09-09-09.


Leaves litter dry earth under the fiddlewood tree


crisp challenges to any fussy feline.


My cats prance and pussyfoot through


neat piles, freshly raked,


chasing not so imaginary snakes.

In drifts,delaying, playing pretend slaying .


I sit and watch. Rake them from danger


until the heavies join the game.






Released from back yard confines

two black and white dogs of different size and nature


nose their friends and

the chase is on.

Around and round the fiddlewood

snake forgotten, my neat piles scatter,

my mornings work blown by four furry furies.






Resigned, I rest and enjoy the play.

Four friends and me

under my fiddlewood tree.
Damned if I can get a poem printed successfully on this blog!!!

2 Comments:

  • aww..I can just imagine the way you described the kitties playing in the leaves..so glad you got some new kitties...and happy for you Frances.

    I know what it is like losing a family pet..my heart went out to you during that loss..the memories shall always remain..but now you've a new start with some fresh new lives.

    Sorry about the kitties being poisened..thats so sad and mean..

    Love,

    Rhi

    By Blogger Rhiannon, at 11:22 PM  

  • What a loyal person you are Rhi. I have been so bogged down with problems I haven't given any time to friends like you. You make me ashamed. I have turned a corner and am now taking control of my life more securely. I will servive!!! Frances

    By Blogger Frances Mackay, at 3:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home