Over another Hump

Friday, August 01, 2008

Walking Bandit.

A haibun.






At three pm Bandit yips to remind me it's walk time. We careen the first block, I free wheel on my gopher, using one dog power. We slow to a canter past squatter pigeons settled like smooth stones on the grass. Geese hiss as we pass, geeking their necks and flapping wings. In the long grass near the water tanks a gray kangaroo stretches and scratches his belly in the sun, limpid eyes watching us as we turn towards home through a flock of fearless Happy Jacks.

Deep shadows lengthen,
warm winter sun sinks lower.

Brisk breezes herald night.





3 Comments:

  • This is just lovely Francis.."free wheeling on your gopher" sounds like a very cool thing to embrace in your life.

    Many Blessings to you,

    Rhi

    By Blogger Rhiannon, at 9:05 PM  

  • Love the prose poem of your post, Frances. A haibun, I see. I've seen the term, but only know it from example. Bandidt is a cutie.

    By Blogger Ruth L.~, at 6:16 AM  

  • I have only just heard of haibun.I must make myself familiar with it.Your words paint a lovely picture of a precious time with your 'Bandit'
    I love the photo too....

    By Blogger Sandy, at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home