Over another Hump

Friday, June 10, 2005

About Me

I am a retired secondary school teacher now living in Central North
Queensland, Australia, in a small village with a population of 21.

The population has increased by 9 in the eight years we have lived here.

I began writing just before I retired as I knew I would have to have something which would involve me constantly or I would become a difficult old woman. I started writing articles and short stories then wrote and produced a newsletter for the area (500sq kilometres) but seem to have drifted to poetry and flash fiction in the last few years.

Lately my poetry tends to be more nature oriented but I am trying to open up my perspective. In between these activities I am writing my memoirs for my children and grandchildren. Probably the following piece will give you a better indication of what to expect.

Some people still say I am a difficult old woman. ;o)

Self Portrait.

I am a Leo,
I am small,
I was born the year of the Snake.
I had red hair
I think that tells it all.

Like the Snake,
I slough my skin
to fit each role life offers.
I like to be in charge -
I know that says it all.

I am independent -
pig-headed -
but at times I do concede
if there's a better idea.
I try not to say it all.


I'm a mother,
I'm a wife.
I've survived both roles
despite
being a Leo and
having red hair.

5 Comments:

  • Welcome to the Blogosphere!

    By Blogger Candace, at 5:37 AM  

  • Hi, thank you for your comment on my page, I didn't expect people to comment so quickly. I'm still trying to get over the fact that you're from Australia and I'm sitting here in my room in Pennsylvania, USA.

    By Blogger Sobeit, at 5:30 AM  

  • Check out my site, I just posted a recent blog. By the way, how did you find my page?

    By Blogger Sobeit, at 1:27 PM  

  • Thank you again for commenting on my page, no, I don't have anything published. I just recently put up a new entry.

    By Blogger Sobeit, at 4:08 PM  

  • I put up a new entry, this one might be more to your taste.

    By Blogger Sobeit, at 9:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home